Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm Sorry...Really

I'm sorry to all who actually read this thing. I'm feeling boring and that leaves me thinking there is nothing worth writing about.

Most of you know this, but I no longer work for that advertising company, or any advertising company anymore! It's hard to hold onto a job when your husband leaves every summer to make twice as much money as you do in an entire year. (That's not really saying he makes a lot, just shows how little I make.) So, what job could I get with all my summers off, holidays, and weekends off, pretty much the same schedule as my student husband??? A fifth grade para in special education at a middle school just down the street? Well, that's exactly it. I teach small groups of 10 year olds with learning disabilities math, reading, and language art.

I know it's hard for you to believe I'm talking to 10 year olds, let alone teaching them. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? I know teaching children is an incredibly difficult job and that's exactly why I never went into elementary ed in my college days. And now, here I am trying it. Thank goodness I'm not one of the real 5th grade teachers in this school who have 34 children in each class. I can't imagine. I can hardly handle four! Like I said, I'm not cut out for this. But I'm learning a ton, mostly about patience.






I got this beauty for free. Just one of the many perks of my job ;)

Yes, I chopped my hair off and yes, I never thought I would have another school picture taken in my life. Just goes to show how life surprises you sometimes.

5 comments:

Jenalee said...

34 kids in a class? Yuck. I bet you're doing a great job with those 10-year-olds!

rachel said...

you look hot in your picture! ...and yes I am shocked that you are teaching 10 year olds. what a great opportunity to do something that you wouldnt have done before...and yes we are down in utah. heath started school the beginnning of august so we have been here for about two months.

Kris said...

First of all, thank you for posting some thing new to replace that embarrassing one below :)

Second, I like your hair. It looks good, although I would not have called that "chopped off" but I guess it was pretty long before. You look good.

Third, patience is a good thing to learn especially if you are going to some day have kids of your own. Good luck with your new job!

Kimbo said...

I love your haircut, so cute! I bet your new job is so hard that is a reason I didn't go into elementary ed myself, I bet your doing great though! Any plans for Halloween this yr?

Anonymous said...

Hey so this is a great picture of you! And your hair looks great! Luckily I didn't have to get my picture taken since I'm only student teaching. But at least now we have something else in common to talk about! And let me tell you I have some stories I need to tell you! Haha!