So, in memory of not having school this week, for the up coming days I will have off due to extreme weather, and the fact that there is an inch of snow on the ground right now here is a picture of an icy day in November of 1996.

Spokane had an ice storm when I was in 7th grade. Power was out at our house for three days and school was canceled for several days. Everything was coated in an inch of ice, I mean EVERYTHING! My family camped out in the livingroom for those days with a fire in the fire place and candles, flash lights, and lanterns to get us around the rest of the house. I absolutely loved it.
5 comments:
Oh man! Ice storm and camping out in the living room for the warmth of the fire place!!!! wow! fun times!!!
I remember thinking how totally cool that was too. I think about it now and me being one of the "heads-of-the-household" I think I would freak out a bit more with no power for several days. But when you're a kid it's all fun! So I guess I was in High school then, weird it seems like forever ago!
You are so good at remembering your childhood memories, I wish I was better at it. I always forget stuff, I guess that is why they tell you to write in your journal. But I haven't done that for over a year now, but I do have my blog so I guess that sorta counts ;)
Such a cool picture! I love it.
Haha...I remember a little more than that Jenna. *wink* *wink* I remember that I was in 5th grade and we had no windows in our room so I had no idea what was going on. Then when we finally got to leave from school we saw outside and it was crazy! I also remember this picture (and others) because mom wanted to take pictures of everything but she wanted people in them, so she made me stand in all the pictures. And may I add, my outfit is awesome!
Post a Comment