Through my teenage years, I did a number of stupid things; trespassing, toilet papering, vandalizing, "dumpster diving", and yet rarely ran into law enforcement. One time Spencer and I were "street racing" or so the officer said, and I was pulled over and lectured by a Liberty Lake Officer...they are just as bored as the Rexburg ones. So, I move to Rexburg, ID for college and the cops can't seem to get enough of me! I actually find it rather entertaining and I have yet to be thrown in jail.
Here are a few run-ins I have had over the last few years:
- A fire extinguisher is set off in my apartment as a prank. My roommate inhales large amounts and is sent to the hospital. Three cop cars, one undercover cop car, an ambulance, and one fire truck all show up.

- Bonfires always bring on the cops...you know, to make sure we aren't burning the fields of sage brush. (We have a lot of bonfires in the summer, so we talk to a lot of cops.)

- We decided one time to try to go out to these ice caves in the winter. The road that leads to them is blocked off for the winter and has 4 feet of snow on it. We try anyway, both 4-wheel drive vehicles get caught. We break down a speed limit sign to try and get traction under one of the tires. Cops in SUV's show up so we bury the sign with snow, they tow us out, and lecture us. Spencer goes back to get something, slips on the covered sign and falls on his butt. It was pretty funny.

- I think almost every party I've been to has been broken up by the cops, not because of under age drinking or drug use. They just need something to do.
- Some of our friends sawed off the top of an old suburban and the cops loved to pull that illegal vehicle over, (seat belts were removed in the removal of the roof.)

- One late night at the local graveyard a car started chasing use through the grounds. One friend decided to chase back...on foot. Then when we got in our cars we blocked them in the cemetery. When they got out we followed them down the street. After getting bored, we pulled into an empty parking lot and the next thing we know, three cop cars show up. Long story short, a total of six cop cars show up and the girls in the car we chased called 911 saying we had a knife and were trying to kill them.

- Following the tow truck around Rexburg for an hour at 2am while he is driving through neighborhoods trying to lose you will always get you pulled over. Especially if you are driving an old Cadillac with dark tinted windows. Sometimes the cops will even separate you and spend an hour questioning you all or ask if you have any "bombs, knives, or guns".

Close Calls:
- Poring two large things of dish soap in the Pinnacle fountain makes TONS of bubbles, it also attracts cops.

- My friend Matt is great at making smoke bombs, so great in fact, that it looks like there is a fire. The girls dorms are a prime spot to throw them because it's the most exciting thing those 18 year olds have ever seen! Of course cops show up to make sure we didn't start the place on fire, and because smoke bombs are illegal.
- Oh another bomb story, same guys as the fire extinguisher helped us make some loud bombs with foil and some chemical. We were setting them off in front of peoples doors. When we realized a lot of cops were driving around town we changed cars and continues our en devours. We got really close to being caught while parked in a parking lot, but somehow escaped.

- Last night Tyler and I set of firework out in the street by his apartment and a cop showed up, but we hid and never got caught.
Good Times!
P.S. The fire extinguisher one got us First Place for best cop call-in in our schools news paper...quit the achievement if I don't say so myself.
7 comments:
Man, you are such a bad a**! I thought I had heard all the cop stories apparently not all of them! The rexburg cops are bored, I only had a couple of run-ins with them, lucky me!
Haha! That's crazy you're moving there! I drive by those apts every day on my way to work. Close to Six Flags and just in time for summer! We got season tickets there. We looked at those apts when we were apt hunting. They're nice! We live in north Gurnee in Amli Apts. You'll be in a different ward. Will you be married by then? Why Gurnee? Will you be working? You'll like it out here. Lots to do! We love it here!
Man. Makes me wish I would've went to BYU-Idaho instead of Utah . . . wish I could have been there!!!
Hey Kim!
Thanks for the comment! Yeah, we have been here for over 6 years now. I actually saw you at Craigo's a couple of weeks ago and wanted to tell you congratulations on your engagement, but I didn't think you knew who I was...and I was busy chasing me kids-hahaha!
Hey. It was good to hear from you. And congrats on the engagement!!! Adrienne said you are moving to Gurnee after you get married. Crazy. Life is pretty good. Not sure what's next for me. I am trying to make some decisions right now. I think I actually might be moving to California with a friend...for a change of scenery. But who knows. Hope all is well!!
you always were wild and crazy! thats one of the reasons i liked to hand out with you. you were always up for a good time.
This makes me wish that I would have been u in Rexburg for some of these great adventures. Although, we did have a few while in High School. I remember running from police when we were in the park after dark and tping bryce's house at four in the morning right before helping Brad do his paper route...my parents still don't know...shhhh.
Post a Comment