Thursday, December 11, 2008

Continuing Education

When I got my old job back at Hatch Marketing I was put back on the assignment of marketing for mobile marketing. When I came back the first day I was surprised to find out I was getting my own office, which used to be the production managers office. Apparently, Chad, the production manager got a job somewhere else and no longer worked for Hatch. A few days later a graphic designer for the REX moved into my office, but she is only here twice a week. I LOVE having my own office!

OK, onto what this post really is about. Instead of hiring a new production manager to make all the theater screen advertisements, they decided to use me. ME! I did not go to school to produce motion ads, cut and edit audio, or really anything in the process of making a screen ad. Well, time to learn, they say! So, we downloaded Final Cut Pro, quadrupled the ram on my computer and a week later here is what you have:



Don't be too critical. It is my first time making an ad that had any motion graphics. I made the entire thing from start to finish and I'm a little proud of myself. I hope that doesn't sound cocky, but I never thought that I would be doing anything like this for work. Now all I need is a raise...

5 comments:

Nycole said...

Good job! I think your ad is great!

Skylar and Lauren said...

wow kim! I think that looks fantastic! And what great experience to be able to expand your abilities like that...now about that raise. I wouldn't hold ur breath!!! great job though!!! what voice did u use???

Kris said...

Every time you send me those links to your new add E watches them with me and makes me play them over and over again. It's so funny! She liked this one a lot.
Yeah ask for a raise definitely!

Clinton and Jessica said...

I think its awesome! Good job!! totally ask for a raise....

melissa said...

that looks so good! congrats on the new position... i hope you get a big fat raise