Breaking Dawn was OK. Her writing was better than the first book, however it was still mediocre. While I was reading it I thought it was sooo Mormon for her to get married at 19 and then get pregnant on her honeymoon! Ha ha, awesome. It was also pretty ridiculous her getting pregnant and having a half human half vampire baby. The best part is Jacob "imprinting" on her baby. Give me a break! Too funny. I was sad at the end when their vampire war never actually turned into a full on fight. That would have been pretty sweet. Think about it, all those "super powers" fighting each other. If a man wrote the book you would be guaranteed a sweet fight in the end. Where of course good would triumph over evil! Overall, the book was entertaining.
If that doesn't work click here.
I watch a lot of movies. I have only walked out of one because it was so bad. Not bad as in I was offended because of my moral standards (although I probably should walk out of those), but because it was made so poorly. I won't even walk out of a movie if I think it's cheesy, I don't like the story line, it's too scary, or because I am simply not entertained. I will only walk out of a movie if it is just plain terrible. I wanted to walk out of Twilight. BUT I did not. I endured the entire thing out of pure curiosity.
The acting was awful. The cinematography was bad. The special affects were worse than bad. The writing was cheesy, even more cheesy than the books. The directing was bad. I just felt awkward watching the whole movie. And more than a few times I couldn't help but laugh, rather loudly, in the theater...during serious scenes. I wasn't the only one doing that either. I heard a lot of laughing in the theater when the scene was not meant to be funny. The only time a really felt any emotion was when she was fleeing and she told her Dad she didn't want to be stuck in Forks anymore and her Dad seemed so sad.
I could go OFF about all the things that were so wrong about the movie, but you don't want to hear it. Tyler and I talked about it pretty much all night, listing all the horrible things we could remember.

I honestly went into this movie with optimism. I heard bad things and good. I was severely disappointed. I know that the budget was small so they couldn't afford good, well anything. If they make the next book into a movie I sure hope they get a much bigger budget. The worst part about the whole thing is, Twilight could have been a really great movie. Sad day.
6 comments:
It wasn't THAT bad, Kim. Yes, I too laughed where it wasn't meant to be funny but it really wasn't made for our "discriminating taste" it was made for tweens. They accomplished their goal of getting lots of money out of tweens and those that just think like them. I agree that it had potencial to be much better so maybe the sequel will have a better budget and special effects. I am just enjoying the joke of all the hoopla surrounding anything Twilight or Edward. It cracks me up. Do you want a "Team Edward" T-shirt for Christmas ?:)
Hey Kim, Rachel Hope here. I just had to comment because I could not agree more. I'm actually one of the few who didn't like the books. Actually, I only read Twilight and thought it was lame and swore to never see the movie. Then over Christmas I was talked into it because my sisters-in-law wanted to go. I decided it was for a good cause (sisterly bonding) and obliged. They both liked the book but all three of us couldn't stop laughing because of how ridiculously bad the movie was. Honestly, awful. Even the teenagers in the theater were laughing along at all the "serious" moments. I've been refraining from blogging because I think I'd lose almost all my friends, as everyone's posts about the movie have been how AMAZING it's been and how they've seen it four times. I don't think I could be as nice as you were in your review, but maybe now that I've read another negative review I'll write my own.
AMEN!
Well I was going to see the movie, even though I didn't read the books but I think I have changed my mind. Plus I hear if you see the movie with out reading the books you'll be lost during the whole movie. I have no intention of reading any of the books so I guess the movie is out too, thanks for the heads up!
I refuse to see that movie out of principle. Yes, I read the books and while I was enraptured with the terriblness of the plot, I was hating myself the entire time. It's poorly written and women love it...I don't get it.
all i can say is............... "HANG ON MY LITTLE SPIDER MONKEY!!!!" ahaahhhahahhaahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment