I don't really know what to post about, but I'm sick of seeing that tag post...
We went to Boise for Thanksgiving. It was pretty fun. We stayed at Tyler's aunt and uncles cabin Wednesday and Thursday night. It was super cute, but not finished. There were only three bedrooms done. With five married couples there we were the lowest on the totem pole. So, we blew up our blow-up mattress and squeezed it into the laundry room. At least we had a little privacy.
Tyler has three brothers and one sister. I grew up with five sisters and one brother. When spending five days with a bunch of teenage boys, (ok two teenage boys and one that acts like one), I had a lot of adjusting to do. I'm really just not used to it. By Saturday I wanted to tie up his three brothers, put them all in separate rooms and tell them to quit ganging up on their sister. Instead I read two books.
Speaking of books. One of the ones I read in Boise was about population control. It was a fictional book about the US government making a population law, kind of like China. They were only allowed to have two children. After the second child they would perform surgery so the mother would be unable to get pregnant. If something happened and they did have a third child they were required to get rid of it, kill it. Isn't that terrible? The law was made because of food resources or rather the lack of food. Since every family had no more than four members they only had a certain amount of food they could purchase. The government controlled everything from what farmers could grow, what factories could make, and where people could live. It really got me thinking about how that could happen or if it could happen. I mean, right now there are several auto makers going under. The government has thought about, instead of just bailing them out, they could just buy out the companies. If they do that then they will have control over those companies. Well, what else could they buy out? Anything they buy, they control. Just a thought.
So, it hasn't really snowed in Rexburg yet. I mean REALLY snowed. I think about three times now we have gotten a tiny bit, but nothing has lasted any length of time. It's so weird. December has come and it got up to 47 degrees yesterday. Rexburg is supposed to be cold! I'm not complaining about the temperatures, don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't mind some snow to lighten the ground. It looks a little ugly out right now. I, also, wouldn't mind the snow to go snowboarding. Jackson and Targhee both only have two small lifts open. I'm getting impatient.
That's pretty much all that is going on in my/our lives right now. The kitchen is still not done, but we did get our new counter tops in. Now we just need to paint and put everything back together... Pictures to come!
1 comment:
Ha ha, now you know how I feel going from a household of five boys to hanging with the weathers girls for a couple weeks! I am getting excited to go boarding too, even though I will probably only get to go once. I keep checking the long term weather reports for Spokane.
Post a Comment