Wednesday, June 17, 2009

House Wife

This summer I have been "working from home". Which, in all actually means I'm waiting for my boss in Rexburg to give me work. I half heartedly looked for a part-time job here in CT, but with no avail. During the school year I am the primary bread winner so it's really weird right now not to be the one raking in the dough. Feeling guilty, I take my role as a loving house wife. Here is what I do for Tyler while he works:

- Clean
- Laundry (he helps with this one)
- Grocery shopping
- Pack him a lunch
- Make him dinner
- And occasional cook up some breakfast
- Wash all the dishes

I try not to let him help me out because then I feel like he contributes way more than me ;) This may not seem like very much to most of you, but it is very different for me. While I work 40 hours a week and Tyler goes to school we usually take on all these responsibilities together. Equally. Well, he never makes dinner, but he usually does all the dishes afterwards. I guess it's good practice for when I'll be staying home with the little ones in the future...

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the picture, it is soooo you:) When are those kids showing up, again. I really need a baby to hold and I don't want Whit to have one, heaven forbid, so you need to get busy. No pressure.

Wendy said...

Well, it's good to get some time in as a happy homemaker. What kind of Mormon would you be if you didn't? Plus, since you're not working you'll have more time to spend with us, right? It's just the "no job=no money problem", isn't it?

Wendy said...

P.S. Is that Judy Garland it the picture? It sure looks like it.

Allie said...

Ah yes, Kim as a homemaker! Haha. Who thought we'd ever see the day? Love it!

Skylar and Lauren said...

haha! I love the pic too! Glad ur having fun playing house-just so u know, it gets a lot more interesting with a little baby around-ok, fine...and a lot more fun too! I am not pressuring though-just stating the facts! miss u!