Thursday, February 10, 2011

This Is Going To Get Entertaining

After finishing an exhausting first trimester, I tried desperately to start working out again. I've gone to the gym here and there and have even done my P90X yoga video a few times, but nothing consistent. So, when my mother-in-law told me she was taking a Zumba class I was intrigued. Of course, I've seen the infomercials and have heard rave reviews from others so, I took the plunge.






I'm now signed up for a twice a week, six week Zumba class. The first class was OK, but I ate dinner a little too close to workout time, had to get used to the choreography, and found that my cheap sports bra wasn't going to do the trick. My second class was super fun, though. The hour class flew by. I actually had to ask if the class was really over and when I was told yes I thought they were joking!

Besides the fun dance moves, I love the old ballroom on main street where the class takes place. Long ago ;), when my sister was first married her apartment was in this very building. I remember having to walk through this ballroom to get to her apartment. I think it's been renovated since then because I remember it being kinda creepy. Anyway, here is what the ballroom looks like. (The classes I went to though had like twice as many people in them.)




If I wear a baggy t-shirt you can't tell I'm nearly five months pregnant, but soon I won't be able to hide it. That's when a big pregnant lady doing Zumba will be pretty entertaining to watch...So, if you're in the area you might want to come for the show or just for the fun workout.

4 comments:

christy said...

hahaha i love it kim! they do a lot of zumba classes at the gym i work at and it mostly consists of older asians who have no idea what they are doing. nonetheless, it's super entertaining to watch.

Jenalee said...

I did Zumba when I was pregnant and LARGE. Just embrace it, it's fun to have a big bouncy tummy!

Kimbo said...

That's awesome, my sister is doing zumba and she swears by it. I can totally see you busting your sweet dance moves out on the dance floor haha.

Bonnie said...

I loved my Zumba class! I want to find another one that I don't have to have a gym membership to do :)