Holy cow! Can you believe he was born a year ago?! I can't. This last year has been quite the adventure with this little rascal around and I know it's just going to crazier. Honestly, he has brought so much joy into our lives and we feel so blessed to have him.
On Monday, his birthday, we did a small family celebration. I'll admit I am not the extravagant party throwing type. We blew up some Thomas the Train balloons, (He loves Thomas...already), put up some blue streamers, and baked a Funfetti cake that I cut into the shape of a 1. That was the extent of my party decorations! Grandma and Grandpa Muir, Aunt Karisa, Aunt Whitney and Uncle Joey with cousin Brinlee, and Tyler and I were the extent of the party guests. We started the party by trying to recreate a photo from my first birthday. I can't seem to find the one from my birthday, but here is the recreation...
Then we sang happy birthday and I blew out his candle. When we dished up the cake he mostly just wanted to play with it. Finally, we stuck his hand in his mouth for him and well he took it from there...
Then he opened his presents...
Grandma and Grandpa got him a little camp chair, clothes, books, and a Little People dump truck, Karisa got him a soccer ball, (he loves to kick things so it was perfect), Brinlee got him a little train, and mom and dad got him a Thomas book, backpack, and sit n' ride. He loved/loves all of them!


3 comments:
He looks so diabolical in that picture with all of his wrapped presents! Looks like fun :)
He is so cute and looks just like you!
so cute! (and I love the shirt off just accentuates his tastiness!) I wish we lived closer so we could hang out with the babies!!!
Post a Comment