I remember in Young Womens, a long long time ago ;), one of the my teachers asked us what kind of traditions our family had. For some reason this question was really hard for me to answer. I don't even recall answering it actually. But with the anticipation of going to my parents for Christmas I'm looking forward to all the things we do every year, traditions.
I'm looking forward to playing nerts until my brain won't function anymore. I'm looking forward to shopping with my sisters at the mall with our gift cards we got in our stockings the day before. I'm looking forward to asking Whitney to wrap all my presents I bought because she's way better at it than me. I'm looking forward to making a million pies even though my Mom says we need to cut back...every year. I'm looking forward to reading of Jesus' birth from the Bible on Christmas morning. I'm looking forward to eating a ginormous lunch after we clean up all the wrapping paper in the living room. I'm looking forward to taking family pictures. I'm looking forward to staying in my pj's all day playing new board games and watching new movies we got for Christmas. I'm looking forward to being goofy with my five sisters and teasing our Mom, (you're such a good sport, Mom). I'm looking forward to:
laughing sisters.

snowboarding.

opening presents.

taking walks.

craziness.

pj's all day.

laziness.

candy eating contests.

snowman building.

Christmas music.

cookie decorating.

What are you looking forward to this holiday season?
6 comments:
Cute holiday pics, but I am confused why you already have pics of you opening presents up, whats up with that. You should check out my blog and become a fellow blogger of mine, I just added it yesterday.
I WISH I HAD SNOW!!!!!!!!!! i am looking foward for a new pair of booty - i am sooo materialistic. haha just kidding, i'm looking forward for the WHOLE fam to be together... i feel like it's been years since both sides of my fam has seen each other.
Ok, so that post bought tears to me eyes. I'm such a baby! But I know what you mean about the tradition thing. We don't really have what people consider "traditions", but we do have good times together. The other day some in my FHE group was asking what kind of games our family plays and thought right way about nertz and settlers. Ah yes, shopping at the mall. However mom just started giving us money because of the lame fees they make you pay for gift cards now. Remember when they use to give you cash back so we would spend a little and just have cash afterwards to spend wherever we wanted? Wendy and Whitney...our little wrappers. Haha, not to be confused with rappers. I was telling someone recently about making a million pies, but we can't cut back too much because you have to make at least one of every kind! And I made pies for enrichment the other night and I was saying how I had to make pie crust cookies and no one had ever heard of such a thing! I was flabbergasted! I like that word. Remember when the Christmas story seemed SOOOO long when we were little, just waiting to open presents. Now I think it's so short! And how every so often a present gets thrown away with the wrapping paper. Oh, and how mom always forgets a least one present hid away and doesn't realize it until she asks how you liked it and you have no idea what she is talking about. The she quickly "waddles" (sorry mom) down the hall and hurries back with it. I can picture it now. And there is always those good board games and movies. And sometimes when you stay in PJs all day you get some embarrassing pictures of you taken. haha, you know which one I mean. We'll have to pull that up and have a good laugh again. Mom tends to be the butt of our jokes a lot, but that's what makes her so great! We really do have fun together. I would leave out the candy eating contest though. That one didn't turn out so well. haha. One thing I'll miss though is our boy. It just isn't quite the same without David there. It's amazing how much he puts up with is yet has so much fun with us. This is making me homesick! I want to be home. Our family is pretty great!:)
I had a bit of moistness in my eyes after reading this post, also. I just have one thing to say to all the struggling Moms out there--"payback". See it does come after all your hard work and struggles. I am so excited for another great holiday season!!!
So I had this big long comment written out on here, then I had to get E off to school get out the door to do an errand and then came back to finish it and guess what? Our lights went out and turned the computer off and erased my whole comment!
To sum it up I said....
I'm glad we get to come home this Christmas, I felt bad accepting Mom and Dad's help to afford it. I just figured we didn't NEED to go, but after reading this I'm getting more and more excited! I love that I am a 27 year old mom of two but can still be silly, goofy and even childish at times when I come home and hang with my sisters. I'm sure C gets a good laugh out of seeing me that way but it's just how us sisters can be some times.
Here's a memory for ya......
I remember the one year we got that game, oh I can't remember what it is called now...Any way it is the game where you have a bunch of words to say/sound out to try and figure out the hidden word/phrase, you know what I'm talking about right? Any way we played that game and I have never laughed so hard in my life. Wendy sounded Chinese when she would say the words and she got Dad laughing his hard laugh and we all had tears in our eyes, it was hilarious!
I'm sad too that David won't be there, mainly because I think J boy would love to have an Uncle to play around with and show him how to do some manly boy stuff. He is at a fun age where he knows that "boy stuff" is cool and I think David would really like to have him around to lessen the intensity of his many sisters (i'm sure he's used to us by now though).
Any way we'll be there in three weeks!
Oh and I too thought of the "allie with no bra" picture ha ha ha, that's a good one, for the grandkids Al!
wow long long comments. yes i am so so excited for christmas i already had lots of fun at thanksgiving and wendy and allie were the only ones home! but we did play some mean table hockey :) and yes of course kim i would love to wrap all your presents because for some reason i still enjoy doing that!
Post a Comment