Saturday, January 3, 2009

Get Out of the Way!

As many of you I'm sure already know, Spokane was dumped on the week before and the week of Christmas. There were record amounts of snow, literally. My dad mentioned one of the first days we were there he saw some kids sledding on the perfect hill close to our house. Tyler and I went to go check it out and indeed it was perfect. A couple days later, Tyler, my lil sis Whitney, my brother-in-law Cory, and I went down with our snowboards and built a nice little jump. Here are a few of the results.


Whitters


Hard Cor Harker


Lil' Kim


T-Wizzle



I would like the mention that Tyler stuck almost all of his attempts, but we didn't get them on video so I posted the one that looked the coolest. Play it in reverse...it's quite entertaining.

Those were all from the first day we built the jump. When we came back the next day with more siblings and some sleds we found the hill packed with little children. Half of them were trying to take their sleds off our precious jump and did some damage to it. We tried to go off it a few more times, but we kept having to tell the kids that were hanging out right below it to get out of the way. None of us could stick it due to some indentation and its power to shoot you straight up into the air and land you on your butt.

We all had a really good time taking a tube down the hill. Wendy and I made the record of going the furthest, nearly running into someone's house a ways after the hill ended,(you can see the house in Tyler's video.) Allie and Kristin were a close second. I wish we had them on video. Wendy does have a video of my mom going down after we had to talk her into for 20 minutes! It's a pretty sweet video...Wendy, please post it! And whoever has the other videos of people going down, post them too.

Well, I will post pictures of our trip another time. I hope you enjoyed these videos in the meantime.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Nice moves! That was fun watching you guys. I think I actually took some videos of you and tyler going down. I'll see if I can get them to ya.

Anonymous said...

snow schmo. move to minnesota woman!!

rachel said...

oh my heck that looks like fun! I cant believe how much snow spokane has gotton. crazy! we are now in IF so if you are in the neighborhood stop by! it was fun to see you.