Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lets Get Physical...Physical!

I'm going to let you all in on how pathetic my life has begun to be. OK maybe I'm being a little harsh. It's more like how pathetic my workout life as begun to be. Here is a typical day for me:

Wake up at 8:15am. Get to work by 9ish. Sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. Come home between 5:30 and 6:30pm. Eat dinner. Hang out with Tyler, (this includes varying activities.) Go to bed around 11pm.

Here is a typical day in my high school days:

Wake up between 5:30 and 6:30am (depending on if I had early morning seminary that year). My high school started at 7:30am, which I have learned is much earlier than most high schools. Had 7 hours of classes, one of which was advanced weight training. School was out at 2:40pm. Then went to practice for either volleyball, gymnastics, or track, depending on the season. Conditioned usually at the beginning and end of every 2.5 hour practice. In between conditioning were workouts, drills, games, races, and tumbling. Caught the bus home from practice around 5:30pm. Arrived home around 6pm. Ate dinner. Iced muscles. Did homework. Went to bed around 10pm.

How did I ever do that?! I even kept it up my freshman year of college. I didn't know how else to live. I played on a competitive league volleyball team, took volleyball and tennis classes, and worked out 6 days a week for at least 2 hours on my own time.

Like I said, I'm so pathetic now. At only 25 I never thought my body would be like this. I get tired so fast and easily now. I NEED to get into shape. I hate that my muscles are withering away and I'm doing hardly anything to stop it. Tyler bought me a gym membership the beginning of September and I can count on both hands how many times I've used it since then. Well, it's a new year folks and I'm not going to let that gym membership get wasted any longer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim I totally know how you feel. I never work out in the winter cuz I hate running outside in the cold, so now I feel lazy, sloppy, and jiggily. I just joined an intermural soccer team at BYU but we only have four games, one a month. Our first game was on Friday and I am so pathetic. I really need to get a gym pass too. I miss working out with you!! Please move here so we can hangout and go to the gym together again!! I think it will be very beneficial, health wise and in various areas, for the both of us ;)

rachel said...

you are singing my song...except for i never worked out as much so looked as good as you. it's more the two kids of weight i havent fully lost and talk about lack of motivation. i bought a video and i hate working out to a video..lame! i want a tredmill SO bad!!!

Kris said...

Do it now before you get kids, it only gets harder the more kids you have! I was the same way, except I only did gymnastics, but always took weight training!
Now look at me! I want to run more and train for a half marathon, but we'll see.
Good luck with you goals, I hope you can take advantage of that gym pass.
P.S. I think you should wear an awesome outfit like in that picture, total 80's, nice.

Clinton and Jessica said...

hey remember when I saw you there once and we went that class once?? Working those hours would totally unmotivate me to work out. I try to get there by 830 or 9 each day...too bad you don't work later and you could come too! My work out friend who is also a trainer is leaving me soon and I need some help remembering all that I'm suppose to do to look super hot!