Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cynophobia

Ever since I can remember I have been scared of dogs. As soon as I hear a dog bark I jump and my heart starts racing. It's really weird and I don't like it. This phobia of dogs combined with their annoying barks, shedding, pooping and peeing in my living room (I knew I shouldn't have left the door open), and their terrible smell all the time has really caused me to not care for them.

On that note, I want two dogs. Is that weird? The first one I have always wanted since I was offered one for free in 6th grade is a teacup poodle.




I fell in love with a little black one back then and my parents said I couldn't have it because it was too small and we would step on it in our house...which is probably true.

The other dog I want is a Great Dane. After watching Seven Pounds a while back I loved how beautiful Rosario Dawsens' dog was in that show. They may scare me to death if I met one face to face now, but if I get one while it's a tiny puppy and watch it grow I should be ok.





Maybe someday...

8 comments:

Allie said...

I don't think I'll ever own a dog. Sure some are cute to look at and pet, but they smell, shed, bark, lick you, have stinky breath, sniff your butt, jump on you, etc. I just think there are more negatives than positives. I'll just have lots of kids. They don't do all the stuff do they? Hmm...maybe all of those except sniff your butt. Which they might do, I'm not sure.

Wendy said...

Wow, that's quite a dichotomy!

And...Are you crazy! Those Great Danes are ginormous.

rachel said...

that great dane is WAY too big for me! I told heath the only way he can get a dog (he always had a dog growing up)was if we have some land. I am so not a dog person or animal person for that matter!

Unknown said...

Ha ha yes yes ladies, dogs are annoying. I'm not a dog person either...Tyler has always had a dog growing up and those are probably the only two I will let him have!
Oh, and yes Wendy they are quite different from each other, but do you think they could still be friends?

Tyler said...

I love dog.

Skylar and Lauren said...

well, just wait till u have a baby to take care of, then u might think twice of adding more things to clean up after! Thats my mentality now anyways! But I do have to say-good choices...I love little dogs...unfortunately sky doesn't so no dogs for us! (but then again it's one less thing for me to take care of).

Anonymous said...

So my dad has a poodle, I'm not sure if it is a tea cup poodle but it is tiny, and he breeds it so if they ever breed her again maybe I could hook u up, but it is white. It's kinda funny, cuz I always have wanted a small in house dog, but now I want a German Shepherd to protect me!! But I dont think I could ever want a dog bigger than that, too much big piles of crap to pick up LOL, and I agree w/Shyrlan now I don't really want a dog inside, at least not until after my kids are all older and not crawling.

Kimbo said...

I love Great Danes. You should definitely get one whenever you get a chance. They are the size of a horse, exaggeration, just put a saddle on that bad boy and you and Tyler can ride off into the sunset haha!