Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Last Nights Miracle

OK so maybe I'm being a little over dramatic by calling it a miracle, but it makes for a decent story. At least decent enough to blog about!

Last night we were tired and bored so after dinner we turned on the TV. We figured nothing good would be on at 8:30pm in Idaho, most good shows are on at 7pm here, it's weird. It's like in an ad for a show they say "at eight seven central", we are the central. ANYWAY, during a commercial we were cuddling, yada yada, and Tyler somehow pressed the remote buttons with his foot and changed the channel to 63. We bum our cable off his parents and they have the very basic. We get like 8 channels between 2-15, half of which are not worth watching. Well, turns out we get 63, CMT, but without sound...thank goodness! Country music drives me nuts! Tyler likes to call it Christmas Music Television. I wish.

After this little mishap, I told him to try 64. VH1, with sound!!! OK try 65. MTV, with sound!!! I can't remember what 66-70 are, but we get them loud and clear. OK now go down... 62 E! YESSSS!!!! 61 Bravo! He literally laughed out loud with my response to 62. I pointed at the TV and yelled EEEEEEEE! In all my years in Idaho with FULL cable at all my apartment complexes E! was never a channel I got. I figured they just didn't have it around here. I don't know why I like the channel so much, but I do. I love E!


All that being said, I hope my average TV viewing doesn't sky-rocket. I probably average an hour of TV a day. Some days none some days two hours. Which, is a bit less than the average American viewer nearing 5 hours of TV a day. Thanks DVR for making it possible for all us lazy Americans to be even more lazy and on our own time!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my gosh, you make me laugh! First of all, why E!? What is on that channel that you like so much? Just curious. I never watch TV, okay I do, but not as much as people with DVR and not E.

Oh and the other thing that made me laugh out loud, "We were cuddling on the couch and then yada yada yada...Tyler's foot hit the remot and changed the chanel" HA HA!
What does the yada ydad yada stand for, HA HA HA I can't believe you put that on your blog! I like how you call it a miracle, Ha! All my couch make outs produced miracles too, and they are called CHILDREN! HA!

Wendle said...

Wuhoo for cable! I have a backwards problem. For some reason, we get all our cable channels but not abc and nbc. Frustrating for when we want to watch reality TV. :)

And now, I'm reading Kristen's comment. hahaha! Kim....be careful! :)

Rae said...

Kim that is a TOTAL miracle!!! In college ALL I ever wanted was a little MTV, Vh1, and ESPECIALLY E!!

Wendy said...

Wow I would die without all those channels 60-70. I love them all! Oh and TLC and Discovery and TBS and...I think I watch too much TV.

Clinton and Jessica said...

I love the weathers girls..... always make me smile.... I wish I had that many sisters I was so close to. good miracle though. I am a believer we need to just shut down every now and then...not becoming too lazy and dependent...but just shut down and not do much...

Skylar and Lauren said...

So I'm loving ur sister's reply! Guess she just says it like it is, so i dont have too! Um..yeah, I think it's cute that u called finding more channels on ur tv a miracle, but hey, He does say that he cares about the TEMPORAL as well as the spiritual..Guess it's true.