Yes, this adorable man just had a birthday yesterday. We were actually on the road for most of the day, because he let me stay in Spokane with my family for one last day. He pretty much sacrificed half of his birthday for me. That is one of many reasons why he is such a great man. He always puts others first, especially if it makes his wife happy :)
Here is one of many favorite memories I've had with Tyler:
Right after our honeymoon we moved to Chicago. One Sunday we went downtown and walked around the city. We loved it. The architecture was beautiful. Then we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is free by the way. This is embarrassing to admit, but I had never been to a zoo before and Tyler promised to take me to one. I was like a kid in a candy store. We stopped at the polar bear tank, Tyler's favorite. As we watched through the glass below the waters surface a teenage polar bear was playing under the water. The polar bear would come right up to the glass to look at his audience. It was amazing to see a polar bear so close up. But, the best part was when he would hide to the left of the glass so no one could see him. When an unsuspecting kid would put his face up to the glass the polar bear would "pop out" with his mouth open and scare the kid half to death. We couldn't help but watch and laugh as he proceeded to do this for a good half hour, to several kids. We stayed and watched for that long! I forgot the camera, but Tyler has some sweet pictures on his phone...which is with him at work right now. Wish I could show you!
I'd like to invite all you readers out there who know Tyler to please share a favorite memory of him or what you like best about him as a comment on this post. (You can even comment if you don't have a blog and have never commented on my blog before... sarah, caitlin...etc. :) Love you all and hope you had a fantastic Christmas!
6 comments:
What I like about Tyler.....well, my kids LOVE him! I think I like that he is so easy going and laid back yet fun to be around. He fits right in with the family, Not that our Family is easy going like he is but the Men of the Family are,Cory and David.
Memories I have of him....Well I was just talking to Cory about this but I love watching you two play games together. You give him a hard time and he is nice to you, ha ha ha. It's funny yet it's and proof you are a couple that is meant to be. He is so nice to his wife (and you are so good to him too) and that is the way it should be :)
Tyler Quote: "I think I'll have just a liiiiittle bit more." As he serves up this huge third serving of dinner!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Old Man Tyler! Oh wait you can't start calling him "old man" until he's 30.
What do I like about Tyler? I'm so glad he married you because he is so funnny, especially whenever him and Shyrlan get together and they start wrestling or reciting movies we've watched (even if they are gross, LOL) ;) you guys know what I'm talking about! Plus when I first met Tyler it was so easy to like him. But what I like the most about him is that he makes my best friend happy!
ok ok since you called me out KIM! haha j/k
My favorite memories with Tyler....would have to be one night in Rexburg when we were all(Tyler, me, Usher, Bang, Kim, John)and whoever else were squished in a small car and there were four of us in the back seat and we were driving around to monkey rock and just cruisin I remember how fun it was and how hard Tyler makes me laugh, not that fake kinda laugh either he really knows how to make me laugh hard! aw man when i start thinking of all the good memories with tyler it starts to make me sad cuz i miss tyler and kim soo bad! I remember all the fun we had in Vegas trip #2....let me specify that!!!After the club and all the crazy dancing we went to Sonic and got food at like two in the morning and I also remember laughing my guts out due to Tyler's jokes. Anyway Tyler is so fun to be around, easy going and i'm so glad that one of my closest friends(Kim)married him because now when I see them I have two of my favorite people to look forward to seeing.
'Member when he said, "Just a liiiiitle bit more."? That was funny, huh?
I agree that Tyler is the nicest guy in the world and so laid back AND makes my little girl soooo happy! One of my favorite memories of him would be when I saw him a little stressed. He was visiting Kim here when they were dating and we had an early morning talk, just the two of us. He was confiding that he thought he was more into the relationship than Kim was and was asking my opinion. I was feeling pretty sorry for the poor "love sick" guy while he tried to figure Kim out--good luck with that. My only advice was then, just be patient with her. That advise still stands :) Love you both lots!!!
OH TYLER! such a great friend. okay, so one day tyler was totally out of it and day dreaming while i was telling some long (probably boring) story and i called him out in front of my roommates "TYLER! wake up! are you on a mental safari?!!?!?!" he almost died laughing! love you guys!
Post a Comment