Anyway, we finally went to downtown Austin yesterday. I've been here almost two months and just made that trip. We went to the capital building and wandered inside and out. Then, we went on a trail the runs along the Colorado River, which goes through the middle of downtown. We only stayed down there for a couple of hours so we didn't accomplish much site seeing. We will go again I'm sure.
This is always how Tyler looks at me...
This fence was pretty cool.
State capitol building.
Looking up inside the state capitol building.
This is what you see...
Looking down.
Down by the river.
During our walk by the river we found a secret fort...and I love it.
This tree is growing horizontally out the side of the river bank. It makes for the perfect little nook.
Our friend in the fort.
Places like this make me happy. I think I might live in a tree one day...
We continued our walk over a nice pedestrian bridge at sunset. It made for a beautiful setting...unfortunately we didn't capture the sunset on camera, but we did get the buildings to the east of us.
It was a lovely Sunday evening.
On our drive home we drove over the Congress Street Bridge. It was dusk and the bridge was lined with people. This is why. We had heard about this event taking place, but didn't realize where it was until we drove right by. Next visit we will definitely stay to watch!
2 comments:
Austin looks pretty cool. Especially with that bat thing they got going on! and I LOVE the header picture you put up. so casual and you look beautiful as always!
So cute! I love the pics. I never even had time to go site seeing when I lived in Austin sad, its so pretty. Ok so what do you think about the end of July or first week of aug. us getting together?
Post a Comment