Monday, April 13, 2009

Like a Kid Again

I have some pretty fond memories from my younger years. Easter was always pretty fun. I'm competitive by nature and it was fun to find the "hard to find" eggs my parents...I mean the Easter Bunny would hide. There is this awesome picture of us kids standing on the porch holding our baskets in the most fashionable clothing? I believe one sister was wearing my dads moon boots...it could have been me. Anyway, we had a lot of good times. The last Easter I remember celebrating at the Weathers house included me being the Easter Bunny because my parents wanted to sleep.

Yesterday was a good day. We went to a missionary homecoming at Tyler's parents ward at 9am (ugh) then to our church at 1pm. We came home and went upstairs to an incredibly prepared Easter dinner. After we finished stuffing ourselves, mom and dad Muir told us to go into the living room. To my surprise we all had Easter baskets on the table. Granted, they weren't filled with chocolate bunnies and jelly beans, but I did enjoy the beef jerky, socks, pistachios, and Gaterade. THEN an even bigger surprise...an Easter egg hunt! Ha ha, I'll admit I was a little skeptical at first. I mean, I'm nearly 26 and it's been over a decade since my last hunt. But, when we went outside it turned out to be pretty fun and it reminded me of the good ol' days. The eggs had candy and even better, money in them.

Probably the most entertaining part of the day was when Tyler's 14 and 16 year old brother were punching each other in the face and Tyler tackled on of them to break them up. Good times.

While we are reminiscing here...check out these beauties.


Above are Tyler's school pictures preschool through senior year.

And now my school pictures first grade through senior year.



A growing boy...

His favorite outfit is the black and green biking shorts with the neon green sleeveless shirt.


A goofing girl...

My favorite outfit would have to be the jean skort and white knee highs...yeah I said skort ;)

We are going to have some very attractive children. Yikes!

6 comments:

Wendle said...

He he I love the senior pic! I'm pretty sure still have one of those signed laying around here somewhere :)

Glad to hear you guys had a fabulous easter!

Kris said...

ha ha ha. I laughed out loud at his neon green biker shorts! I also liked in one of his school pictures his overalls with one strap let down, classic! Oh yes the skort with knee highs is pretty awesome too. I remember when chokers were in too.

How fun, you got an Easter basket AND an Egg hunt! That's too funny that they did all that for you guys.

Clinton and Jessica said...

love the pictures!! and that sounds like a pretty cool Easter egg hunt, I'm so lame I didn't even hide any for my kids this year...I'm horrible I know... but at least we can always count on a good Easter dinner!

Wendy said...

Awesome pics! I especially love the wood grain panelled station wagon in the last picture.

Skylar and Lauren said...

Ok, that is way too funny! Oh the perks of living by family and not having a babies yet-u still get to be the kids! Sounds like u had a lot of fun...are your 38 days up yet though??? what'd u do about all of that candy???!!! haha! When are u moving...and where to again???

Bonnie said...

What are you talking about!!?? You are going to have the cutest kids in the whole wide world!!! So get busy. Love, MOM