Monday, June 28, 2010

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

But it's too HOT and humid outside! The good news is, as of Saturday, I actually own a bicycle. From what I've found online, my little lady is a Schwinn Suburban, and according to the serial number, she was made in May of 1976. I love her.






What I would really love to do is fix her up a bit. The paint job is aweful. I like the color, but whoever painted it did a poor job. The original style of the bike had fenders over the wheels. I would like to get some of those. Also, some nice tires would look good.

Here are a few vintage Schwinn Suburban's I like:







So, what do you think I should do for her new look?

3 comments:

Kris said...

sweet bike!

I think you should get a new paint job for sure. I like the green one personally but I think you should stick with a yellow because yellow is so "you".

Definitely need some fenders,it makes it look more vintage that way.

Last, I think you gotta get yourself a sweet basket!(white would look good with yellow)

Wendy said...

Cute! When and where did you get this bike?

Unknown said...

I just bought it a couple weeks ago from a balding, very sweaty, old man down the street. He sells old bikes out of his garage.
I need a riding partner. Want to join me? Texas is beautiful this time of year...it's hurricane season!