Seriously though, technology is great. My mom complains about it on a regular basis because she doesn't like to keep herself updated. I guess it is just like I don't keep myself updated on cookie recipes and new scrapbooking ideas.
Really the point of this post is to let you know about my job. I work for an advertising company called Hatch Marketing. We produce and sell movie screen advertising, print ads, broacasting, web pages, and most recently mobile marketing. The company mostly focuses on the movie screen ads where they have ad shows in theaters from Alaska down to Texas. But we are trying to get mobile marketing up and running, which is what I do.
Mobile marketing is essentially a way to directly advertise to a potential customer through there cell phone. A person can see a billboard for instance and it will say "Text SALE to 32075 for a special offer". After they send a text message to that shortcode 32075 they will reieve an instant bounce-back message with some sort of digital coupon. There are other ways to use the technology like on American Idol how you can text in to vote for your favorite idol. Or how you can text into Google for pretty much any information you want.
This form of advertising is already huge in Asia and Europe. You can order a pizza from your phone over there! It is just a matter of time before every company will be advertising this way. Big brands like Coca Cola and Adidas have already been doing it for a couple years now. This whole thing is exciting and I can't wait to see what comes of it all.



OK so this last picture is just a little shout out to my boy friend Tyler. He's adorable, right?
2 comments:
Ah technology. I love how incompetent mom is about it all. "how do I close out of this window?" "uh...you press the red X at the top right." That is a direct quote by the way. So when are you coming down to visit?
so we had fun at the zoo. Let me tell you, I had never been to a zoo either until I was married and I went on my Honeymoon. So maybe some day (if you ever decide to get married) for your honeymoon you can go to a zoo, just make sure to tell your future husband whom ever it may be. It was lots of fun, the Portland one is really nice, that is the one we went to. OR if ever you are close to Indianapolis you can come to ours we have a pass with two guests free! So say hypothetically, you are in like Milwaukee or some where close to Indy then take a road trip and we'll take you to the zoo.
Post a Comment